Asana is a simple form of Ardha-Matsyendrasana. Those who are unable to perform
Ardha- Matsyendrasana should practise. this Asana. This was first expounded by
erect, stretching your legs in front together. Hands by the side, palm resting
on the ground, fingers together pointing forward.
- Slowly fold your
one leg (i.e left) at the knee and place the sole on the ground near the knee
of the right leg. The knee of the left leg should make 90° angle straight
- Taking the left hand towards back, place the palm on
the ground at the distance of 9" straight from spine. Fingers together pointing
backward. Then place the right hand towards the other side of the left knee. If
legs are stretched towards east then fingers of the hand will point towards north.
- Now twist your head and back towards backside and try to look at the
- While returning to the original position first bring your
head to the orginal position.
- Now take the right hand to its original
position anc then bring the left hand from the back and place it by the side of
- Now slowly stretch out your folded leg and sit erect as
in the first position.
- In the same way practise it from the other
leg. This makes one round of Vakrasana.
Benefit and limitations
- This Asana is simple, but those who are having a big belly may
feel it difficult to place the hand to the other side of the knee, they suggested
to place the hand on the knee or keep it wherever it is, if it is not possible
to place it on the ground.
- This removes constipation, flatulence, liver weakness and nervous weakness.
- Reduces the rigidity of spine.
- This is also useful for
kidney and other stomach diseases.
- Everybody can practise this Asana.