is a traditional posture. It can be viewed as first stage of Viparitakarani-Sarvangasana-Halasana.
- Take supine position with legs together, hands together by the side of the body.
Palm resting on the ground.
- Raise both the legs together slowly upto 30° angle.
- After few seconds, raise further upto 45° angle.
- After few seconds, raise upto 60 degree angle and maintain it there for few seconds.
- While returning, stop at 45° or 30° angle.
- Finally, bring both the legs on the ground.
Benefits and Limitations :-
- High pressure and stretching is felt on the lower abdomen, hence,
practice according to capacity.
- In the beginning take help of hands
to raise the legs.
- While raising do not bend legs at the knees.
Asana is very beneficial for those suffering from diabetes, constipation, indigestion
and nervous weakness.
- People suffering from lumbar spondilitis and
muscle pull should not practice it.