This Asana balances the body like the balance, therefore,
it is known by the name 'Tolangulasana'. This has come through tradition.
In its final position the whole body is balanced on closed fists.
- Take support of the elbows to lie down on the back.
down on the bank.
- Raise the foot-lock slightly towards the stomach so
that your buttocks may be raised. Place both the closed fists under the buttocks.
Elbows should touch the ground.
- Now raise foot-lock as well as head
and back and balance your whole body on the fists. (Elbows should be up from the
- While retrurning back to the original position take your
weight on both the elbows first. Slowly bring back and head back to the ground.
remove the fists from under the buttock and come to original position.
Benefits and Limitations :-
- It is a balancing Asana.
- Maximum load remains on the
fists. Therefore, remember that fingers of fist should remain on the ground.
- It improves biceps muscles and muscles of abdomen
and back are also made strong.
- This is beneficial in diabetes and piles.
It improves digestion.
- Those suffering from pain in spine or neck,
or having complaint of ulcer in stomach should not practise it.