Supta-Vajrasana is further development of Vajrasana.
We lie on our back with folded legs, hence, it is called Supta-Vajrasana.
- Sit in Vajrasana.
- Slowly take the help of right elbow, then
left elbow and place them on the ground towards backside.
straighten you hands and completely lie on your back.
- Shoulders should
rest on the ground. Beginners may keep their hands on respective thighs. Knees
should remain together.
- After practising this position well, making
the shape of a scissor with both hands bring them under the shoulders. Right hand
will remain under left shoulder and left under the right, head in the middle of
- While returning to the original position, first take out your
hands and place it by the side of your body.
- Now, with the help of
elbows sit as in the first position.
Benefits and Limitations
- While lying on your back, control your weight. Do not jerk otherwise
you may get injured (muscle pull).
- Those feeling trouble while practising
even Vajrasana, should not resort to the practice of this Asana.
may keep their knees apart if they find it difficult to keep them together.
- This strengthens abdominal muscles.
is useful in high blood pressure and sciatica.
- It is a good remedy
- Those suffering from gases and pain in hip should
not practise it.