The body assumes the shape of a hill in this Asana hence it is named Parvatasana.
This Asana has come through tradition. Its reference is not found in old
texts but the tradition is very old.
- Sit in Padmasana.
- Raise your hands towards sky and keep palms
facing each other.
- Catch hold the fist of one hand with the other hand
and stretch your hands upward as if you are raising your body. You will get stretch
in your abdominal muscles.
- After maintaining it for some time, loosen
your hands and then practise it again.
Benefits and Limitations:-
who cannot practise Padmasana, can practise it in standing, stretched legs or
- Sit erect and gaze in front.
- This makes spine flexible.
and pain in backbone is removed.
- It is beneficial in constipation and
removes seminal weakness.
- Those having complaints of reeling sensation
should not practise it.