The description of Baddha-Padmasana is found under the name Padmasana in traditional
book, which will be described later or in the same book. Here, the technique of
simple Padmasana is described for the beginners.
- (As in Svastikasana). First pose.
catch hold the sole of right form left hand and ankle form the right and place
it on the left thigh.
- Similarly catch hold the sole of left leg from
right hand and ankle from the left.
- Now place it well on right thigh.
hands on respective knees in Gyana Mudra.Close your eyes or keep the gaze nasal
or in front.
- While returning to the original position, first stretch
out your left leg.
- Then stretch out your right leg also.
Benefits and Limitations
- This is a meditative posture, hence, spine must remain straight
in its final position.
- One must practise Ardha Padmasana before he
resorts to practise Padmasana.
- Do not forget the limitation. After
keeping one leg on the other thigh, if other leg can not be placed fully on the
other thigh, do not try to put it forcefully.
- Those suffering from chronic knee pain, should not
- Those getting cramps in calf-muscles should practise it