is a traditional posture but its reference is not available in old yoga texts.
The hands are being brought near legs hence it is called Padahastasana.
- Stand erect, legs together, hands by the side
of the thighs. Gaze in front.
- Slowly bend forward, as much as posible.
- Bend a little more and try to place the palms, with fingers pointing forward,
on the ground on either side of the legs.
- Place the forehead between
- After some time return to the original position.
Benefit and Limitations
- While bending forward, relax your back muscles.
the beginning legs can be kept apart.
- It is easy to bend during exhalation.
- It is beneficial
in indigestion, stiffness of spine, pain in hip joints and breathing problem.
- Those suffering from high blood pressure, heart disease and acidity,
should not practise it.