Lie prone, the chest should touch the ground and both the legs stretched out.
Hold the head with both the arms. This is Makarasana that increases the heat of
'Crocodile'. While doing this Asana body resembles the shape of 'crocodile',
hence it is known as Makarasana. It is also considered a relaxative Asana
- Take prone lying position, hands by the side of the
- Slowly spread out both the legs. The toes should remain out
and heels inward.
- Slowly fold the left hand at elbow bringing it from
below the armpit. Place it in the right shoulder. Fold the right hand at the elbow
and place it on the left shoulder.
- Place your head on the triangle
made by both the elbows.
Benefits and Limitations:-
- You can
bring either hand on the shoulder from below the armpit.
- If it is difficult
to place one elbow on the other place both elbows slightly apart.
should remain inside elbow.
- If it is difficult to rest the head, keep
chin between the elbows
- This is beneficial in Asthma.
- For those who have acquired wrong
process of respiration (due to Asthma etc.) this Asana is more useful.
muscles get automatic massage.
- Those having heart problem, obesity,
gas or high blood pressure should not practice it.