The traditional technique of Cakrasana is as
- Stand erect
with legs together, toes together, hands by the side of the thighs, gaze in front.
Now raise both hands from infront towards the sky. Palms facing in front.
full weight of your body on ankles and thighs, bend backwards till you touch the
ground with your hands.
- After maintaining it or some time, slowly return
to the original position.
- Abdomen will be towards sky and the whole
body will take the form of a bow.
Benefits and Limitations:-
bending backward balance yourself on ankles and thighs, so that you do not fall
on your backside.
- Return slowly to the original position.
- This strengthens the abdominal muscles and digestive
system is regularized.
- Biceps and calf muscles are made strong.
Asana removes pain in waist (due to vayu) and spine is made flexible.
suffering from high blood pressure, spondilitis or having been warned against
backward bending should not practise it.