is a modified simple form of Salabhasana. Swami Kuvalayanandaji has formulated
this Asana for beginners and those who are unable to perform salabhasana.
- Take prone lying position, legs together, fingers
of the legs pointing outward, soles upward, hands by the side of the body, fists
closed, forehead on the ground.
- Bring chin forward and place it
in the ground.
- Raise right leg slowly without bending at the knee.
Do not tilt the pelvic. Maintain it for a while.
- Slowly return to
the original position.
- Do the same by the other leg. This is one
round of Ardha-Salabhasana.
Benefit and Limitations
- Do not tilt your pelvic while raising your legs.
- Do not
bend the leg at the knee while raising.
- This strengthens the muscles of the lower abdoomen.
- It removes visceroptosis and helps in coordination of lower extremity.
- Those suffering from lumbar spondilities should not practice it.
- Those suffering from muscle cramps should practies it cautiously.